Delicata Squash Meets Ricotta – for a Healthy Holiday Win!
There’s no denying the bounty of recipes you can find for your Thanksgiving feast. But if you want simplicity (and taste), you can’t go wrong with Rosemary infused Delicata Squash served with a dollop of fresh, creamy Ricotta. Your taste-buds will love you (and so will your waistline).
What I love about Delicata Squash is that you can actually eat the peel. When roasted with just a bit of olive oil and your favorite seasoning, the inside comes out moist and satisfying, while the skin has a nice bit of crisp. It’s like marrying fresh homemade potato chips with the likeness of a mashed sweet potato. Somehow the complimentary texture just works and the taste is divine.
- 1 medium Delicata squash, rinsed, dried, cut in half (pulp removed) and chopped
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, distributed in bits
- ¼ cup of Ricotta (1 tbsp per portion for individual garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Line a shallow baking pan with foil.
- Distribute chopped Delicata Squash evenly on pan.
- Coat evenly with olive oil.
- Sprinkle pieces of the rosemary on top.
- Bake for 25-40 minutes.
- Serve in individual cups with a tiny scoop of Ricotta.
- Optional: Top with fresh rosemary for a pretty garnish
A crisp outer skin with a delicate, moist flesh, Delicata squash roasts up divinely with your favorite herbs/spices. Rosemary-infused for a holiday essence, this dish serves up delightfully paired with Ricotta.