So last week I made a yummy granola with a few good quality ingredients and a whole lotta love. I recently re-vamped this one to be slightly more healthi-licious with some flavonoid-rich cocoa. Although, both variety’s are great. And my girls will second that – they keep asking for more.
Today served it on top of the oh-so-yummy Chobani Bites Raspberry with Dark Chocolate Chips to make little mini “sundaes” for my girls. They ate it right off and dug into the yummy yogurt. (And BTW, the Chobani Bites are satisfying alone, too.)
Coco-loco Granola base
Coco-loco Granola makes a great topping for yogurt berry parfaits~
Build your own healthy yogurt berry parfait “sundae” using any of Chobani‘s great new flavors (and fresh fruit if you like) and simple homemade granola like this “Coco-loco Granola” I made (shown below with added Cranberries).
- 2 cups oats
- 2.5 TBS coconut oil
- 2 TBS coconut sugar
- 3 TBS coconut flakes
- 2 tsp of cocoa
- 1 tsp of star anise
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp vanila
- 2 Tablespoons of prune puree (or applesauce)
- pinch of sea salt
- Melt coconut oil and mix in sugar, prune puree, cocoa and spices.
- In a separate bowl mix together: oats and coconut flakes.
- Thoroughly mix wet and dry ingredients until oats well coated.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 12 minutes.
- Toss with a spatula.
- Turn oven off and leave for about hour in the heated oven. Remove when lightly toasted brown and let cool.
Mix it up!
You can enjoy the basic Coco-loco granola base with mixed nuts/seeds and dried fruits. Try dried cranberries and sliced almonds; pecans and chopped dates; or any combination of nuts/seeds/fruits you desire. Then eat it plain, with yogurt, in milk or as a topping to fresh fruit or a smoothie bowl. It adds a wonderful crunch/flavor combo.
ENJOY alone, with meal or with Chobani yogurt!
Q: What combo of nuts, fruits and spices do you enjoy in granola??