It’s well into summer and the perfect time to take advantage of ripe summer fruits and veggies. So with that in mind, I’ve put together a satisfying mayo-free Egg Salad with sweet corn, ripe-vine tomatoes and julienned basil — with creamy avocado to bring it all together.
Summer Egg Salad Hits the Spot During those Hot Balmy Days
If you’ve ever loved corn, you’ll really love it now. And the same goes for tomatoes and basil. The warm/hot weather is perfect for their ultimate flavor potential. So enjoy this summer egg salad! The balance of flavor, texture and nutrition makes this delightful dish ideal for managing your weight and keeping up your energy levels. For additional plant-nutrients, serve over a bed of miniature kale or arugula (or your favorite mixture of leafy greens). Protein (Eggs) / Healthy Fat (Avocado) / Carbs (Corn) + antioxidant nutrients (tomato, basil, lemon)
- Scoop over a bed of dark leafy greens — adds more fiber and antioxidant potential
- Wrapped in Collard Leaf for a Vegetarian Wrap — adds more fiber and antioxidant potential
- Serve over Multi-Grain toast (GF or wheat-containing) if you need more carbs to boost your energy needs
- Enjoy in a bowl — as is! It has well-balanced nutrition on it’s own.
- 1 ear of corn
- 1 vine-ripe tomato, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped shallots or green onion
- 1-2 Tbsp basil, julienned
- 1 large egg, hard-boiled, chopped
- 1 squeeze medium lemon
- pepper & sea salt to taste
- Using a knife, sliced kernels off cob and break apart into bowl.
- Add chopped egg.
- Add in green onion, tomato and avocado chunks.
- Gently fold mixture.
- Season with lemon juice, black pepper and a pinch of sea salt.