Ever crave something hearty or just wanna meal with substance? How about some pasta with meat sauce like this mouthwatering dish here.
Quick and easy you say – but what if you simply don’t have any ground beef or chicken? And no time or desire to go to the market after a busy day. This one’s for you, busy moms!
It’s been one of those So Cal hot days and I wasn’t up to walking to my local market. Come Monday – we generally make do with what is in the fridge. MIL shops on Tuesdays for the week. Not enough eggs, no tofu, no protein source (except Deli thin turkey slices) and I wasn’t going to make turkey sandwiches (although I’ve done that before). So I got creative!!
- What’s leftover?: Couscous
- What condiments/seasonings/Soups?: Trader Joe’s Tomato Soup, Marinara Sauce
- Any protein? Deli thin turkey slices, 1 egg
It tastes great on its own, but you certainly can enjoy it over pasta as an alternative protein. Why not?! Meatballs are often made with egg and breadcrumbs. My kids burn plenty of energy for the extra carbs. But I’d certainly enjoy the “meat sauce” alone with a generous side of veggies. : )
- 1 cup cooked couscous
- 4-5 slices deli thin turkey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs
- Dash of Italian Spices
- 1 cup Marinara Sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato soup
- Blend couscous with turkey and olive oil
- Mix in egg white, bread crumbs and a dash of Italian Spices
- Lightly pan fry using cooking spray—mixture will resemble ground beef
- Add in marinara sauce and tomato soup