It’s Spring and although we’ve had unusual weather bouts in So California – from the 90’s last week to light rain and cloudy skies, I’ve been shopping with spring produce in mind. One of my favorite spring veggies is snap peas. Sugar-snap peas are so naturally sweet and I can enjoy them lightly steamed or even raw. My 4-year-old girls enjoy pealing them and eating out the little peas inside the pod first (or lining them up to count then popping each into their mouths).
Spring Salad with Bulgur, Mandarin and Snap Peas
- ½` cup cooked bulgar
- 1 cup Spring Greens
- ¼ cup snap peas, de-podded
- 1-2` mandarin oranges (OR CUTIES), sectioned
- 1 Tbsp *Citrus CHIA Vinaigrette (or a Citrus Vinaigrette of choice)
- Place a bed of Spring Greens in a bowl.
- On a bed of Spring Greens, place a scoop of cooked bulgur, add mandarin orange wedges, toss on peas and drizzle on vinaigrette.
- Lightly toss and enjoy!
Q: What foods do you enjoy during Spring??
*Citrus Chia Vinaigrette: