Small Plates for Summer Days
Below you can see the incorporation of the veggie mayo and lightly sprinkled Pecorino Romano cheese on top. Although in my recipe I suggest to incorporate the mayo, chili and marinara until well blended — your choice. (Perhaps you like to see more texture? or Maybe you prefer a more evenly blended appeal?)
Mini Chicken & Mushroom Croquettes w/ Zesty Marinara
- 1 cup chicken, cooked, chopped
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms, chopped
- ½ cup breadcrumbs, panko or crushed matzah meal
- ½ Tbsp Zaatar (or Italian seasoning)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- Special Zesty Marinara Sauce for topping.
- Optional: 1 cup loosely packed spinach
- Optional: Sprinkling of Pecorrino Romano (or Parmesan) Cheese
- Mix breadcrumbs (panko or matzah meal) with Zaatar and garlic. Set aside.
- In a food processor, combine chicken (or firm, drained tofu) with mushrooms, egg, 2 tsp olive oil and breadcrumbs.
- Optional: add in 1 cup loosely packed leafy greens such as spinach or kale.
- Process until forms a paste.
- Form into small patties (makes 4-6, depending on size).
- Use remainder of oil in pan to cook patties until golden brown on both sides.
- Remove from pan and top each patty with about 2 Tbsp of Special Zesty Marinara.
- Optional: Sprinkle each with a bit of Parmesan cheese.
Check out these other “small bites” from the nutrisavvyhealth blog!
- ½ cup marinara
- ½ tsp chili paste
- 1 tsp vegan mayonnaise
- Blend all ingredients until well incorporated or fold in loosely for a more textured appeal.
- Dollop a Tbsp or Two onto the mini croquettes.
Q: How would you enjoy these croquettes or “mini burgers”?
In a bun? In a lettuce wrap? With a knife and fork? Your Ideas ____________?