Almond crusted salmon is one of those dishes I think definitely deserves some company (both for creating and enjoying). Chit-chatting while prepping takes the arduous task of grating the lemon, chopping the parsley and prepping this meal much more sane. Unless, of course you enjoy being a sou chef. Some actually do. My husband finds it quite peaceful and relaxing. As for me, that perhaps is not my best skill or zen practice. But I enjoy this dish so much, I am willing to sacrifice a little of my time. And with some good music, I can dance and sing through it all. And if I’ve got a cooking buddy, I’m all the merrier.
Almond Crusted Salmon with lemon and parsley
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- 1 lemon peel grated finely
- pinch of pepper
- pinch of sea salt
- 2-3 egg whites
- 4 (4 oz) salmon filets
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425ºF
- Wash and pat dry salmon filets, then set aside.
- Grate lemon peel and mix into chopped parsley with sea salt and pepper.
- Place other ingredients separately in bowls: egg whites, flour, sliced almonds, flour.
- Dip salmon into flour, dredge into egg whites, dip into parsley salt, pepper and lemon peel mixture, Place onto a sheet and sprinkle with sliced almonds.
- Do the same for each filet.
- Baked in oven for 20-25 minutes. Enjoy!