Welcome to my new site / blog and Happy 2016! The United Nations has proclaimed this the Year of Pulses to celebrate the goodness of beans, peas, lentils and chickpeas, aka pulse crops. I couldn’t be happier to share a product I’ve endorsed for Chicpea & Lentille. In this video I explain just how this tasty snack fits into a heart-healthy diet. Not only is it crunchy and tasty, it’s got more nutrient punch than your leading brand of cheese puff – that’s because it’s made w/ pulses!!
Year of Pulses
With the start of the New Year, it’s a great time to get on board by enjoying NEW and good standard recipes based on these heart-healthy, plant foods (sources of fiber/protein) including beans, peas, chickpeas and lentils. To celebrate, I decided to use a pulse I pretty keep stocked in my pantry. Check out my Homemade Hummus – Starring Chickpeas! (and check out my VIDEO linked above and below).
- 1 (15 oz) can of low sodium Chickpeas, drained
- 2` Tbsp Tahini
- 6 small lemons, juice of
- 2` cloves roasted garlic
- ¼ tsp Himalayan sea salt (optional - but brightens it up)
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients.
- Blend until creamy and well incorporated.
- Pack into tupperware evenly and coat top with a Tbsp of Olive oil (or vegetable oil of choice)
- Optional: Sprinkle no-salt seasoning and top with a Tbsp toasted pine nuts.
Chickpea & Lentille Cheese Puffs
If you like this, PLEASE comment on my youtube video or give it a “LIKE”. I would very much appreciate your support.